Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Obesity Cold War, Part 2

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  As I said in Part 1 of this series (I think that this will be a recurring series of posts), trying to convert the obese en masse (heh) has not been successful, so my current plan is to convert assets 1 person at a time.  Then hopefully that person will inspire/convert another person, and then we'll soon have our ponzi scheme of Biggest Losers and Let's Movers.  I have drafted 1 of my co-workers into my plan (though admittedly, I haven't told her that she has been recruited into my cause).  We typically gang-up against other co-workers and sometimes her own family to emphasize how important a healthy lifestyle is.  It's had limited success so far, but I refuse to give up.  I've also started posting flyers of local races (here's one for your office) on my office door, so that anyone passing by can at least get some information.  After all, if you don't know about healthy options, then you can't start to pursue them, right?  S.O.P. suggests also preparing healthy alternatives for people to try.  I've been making an easy fruit salad lately that I've been serving at pot luck lunches, dinners, and parties.  Just cut up some strawberries, throw in some blueberries, and follow up with a can of mandarin oranges and no sugar added diced peaches.  If I want to make it look pretty, I'll layer them in a bowl.  Like I said easy, peasy.  Now for the hard numbers:  Umm....yeah...no running this week so far.  This is a rest/taper week before my races on Saturday.  I was supposed to get in 6 miles today, but I got out of court too late and didn't make it.  I'm hoping to make it up tomorrow, then another run on Thursday, rest on Friday and race on Saturday.  I did do some cross-training yesterday and today, but nothing overly strenuous.  All right, time for some rest.  Have fun and run hard!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters