Sunday, February 21, 2010

End of the Week Recap 2/21/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  For this week, I ran 35.57 miles at an average of 8:22/mile.  I only did 20 minutes of cross-training (Weak, I know).  As far as my weight, I broke 160, and weighed in at 159.8 lbs this morning and 158.4 lbs after my long run.  Yay for me, especially considering that my eating habits have not been great lately despite my Cold War campaign on obesity.  With this week, I believe that I have run every mile of the CMM.  The most interesting aspect of my training this week were 2 tempo runs of under 8:00/mile at 10k distance.  Hopefully, I can build on this speed going into the marathon and achieve a decent time.  The trick, of course, is to maximize my recovery so that I don't overtrain and injure myself in the process.  Next week, I'm changing things up a little.  My plan is to do at least 10 minutes or more of cross-training/conditioning every day. By doing some working out at night, I hope that I can carry some calorie burn through the evening before bed.  Next week is also a taper/rest week as I have my first race of 2010 on Saturday.  So no more than 3 days of running before Saturday, no more than 7 miles/run, and no running on Friday.  I'm running both the 5k and the 10k Race Judicata at PWP, so rest will be very important.  All right kids, I'm off to watch some Olympics.  Go USA!  Run hard and have fun!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters