Sunday, February 7, 2010

End of the Week Recap 2/7/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  This week I did 32.88 miles at an average of 8:22/mile.  I did 1:16:00 hours of cross training, which included 16 minutes of exercise bike.  My weight went up a bit to 162 thanks to Super Bowl Parties and my daughter's birthday party with her classmates.  I had done fairly well all week till the end, when my office had a pot luck lunch in honor of the Super Bowl.  As a side note, congratulations to the Saints on their first Super Bowl win, but I have to admit that I was pulling for the Colts.  Peyton was at UT when I was there, so I have to keep the faith.  You still my dawg, Peyton, even though you  threw that pick at the end of the game.  Okay, back on topic.  I did a long run today of 16 miles with the Nashville Striders.  I averaged 8:39/mile, which is right where I wanted to be.  Admittedly, it was tougher at the end then I was hoping, but I'm still happy with my run this morning.  While I'm being totally honest, I have to admit that I did not have a 16 miler planned for this week.  I was reviewing the Striders' training schedule with one of my followers, and I decided at the last minute to go ahead with the run.  I'm glad I did it, but I have no idea why I'm not hurt.  It was a tough run  considering that I was just not ready for it.   Okay, I'm gonna crash before I fall asleep on my keyboard.  Have fun and run hard!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters