Sunday, February 14, 2010

End of the Week Recap 2/14/10

Happy Valentine's Day my running brothers and sisters!  This week I did 33.92 miles at an average of 8:13/mile, which included a .25 mile of barefoot training.  I did 1:02:24 hours of cross-training.  My weight started out at 160.2 lbs this morning and dropped down to 157.0 lbs after my long run.  As for my long run, it was one of those horrible runs where nothing seems to go right.  Sadly not every run is an endorphin wave of transcendence.  Sometimes the stress messes with you or you can't get out of your own head to enjoy your run.  Today, I returned to PWP for my long run.  I usually run east from where I park my car, but today I decided to start out heading west.  My time was alright, 8:39/mile, but my Garmin lets me cheat a bit.  See it pauses automatically when I stop, and though I wish that I could say it was the cross-winds that did it, I was so winded that I ended up stopping 3 or 4 times.  But that's not the worst of it.  You know where this is going, right?  Yup, I got lost.  I've run PWP, umpteen times, but switch directions and suddenly I have no idea where I am.  Eventually, I did figure out where I was and managed to get back to my car.  Sigh.  Still, it was a good training week overall.  I'm still feeling strong, if not a little sore.  I'm making headway with my weight, and I think that I'm managing my diet better (though I did eat way too much at my daughter's birthday party today).  I'm trying to run the Country Music Marathon route in bits and pieces to be ready for my home race.  Finally, my first race or the season is in a couple of weeks.  It's at PWP.  Hopefully I won't get lost.  Okay kids, have fun and run hard.

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters