Sunday, January 31, 2010

The End of the Week Recap 1/31/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  I did 21.28 miles at an average of 8:31/mile.  I did 50 minutes of cross-training, which were mostly kettleball, dumbell and body weight exercises.  My weight has dropped to 160.8!  I attribute the weight loss to my long run at the end of last week and 2 hard tempo runs this week.  This week saw the temperatures drop into the 40's and by the weekend we were in the 20's and 30's with 6 inches of snow.  I'm learning to handle the 40 degree weather fairly well, but the 30's and the ice are still gamebreakers for me. So no long run past 8 miles.  I was planning another run around PWP, but the ice dashed those thoughts.  As far as my weight loss, I'd say that my diet/food journal was helping, but I gave up on that 2 days after starting it.  Instead, I've decided to count servings of the major food groups.  I'm trying to stick to 2 servings of each major food group per day, but I can do more than 2 servings for fruit and vegetables.  This hasn't been too bad so far, but I've noticed that once the weekend hits, I tend to fall behind on my fruit and veggie servings and go over on my protein/lean meat servings. On a final note, today is supposed to be a rest day, but I may add in 20 minutes of light stretching and body weight exercises.  I hate that I've made up so much ground since the fall, just to see it all fall to the wayside due to the inclement weather.  One final training note:  I'm toying around with the idea of keeping my long runs down to 11-13 miles for now.  Instead of upping my mileage, I'll up my speed for that mileage each week.  This should accommodate my already crammed schedule, and help me work on my pacing and endurance.  I already know that I can do 26.2 miles, but I need really work on my speed.  I'll have to get in at least a couple 18 milers before the marathon in April, but 2 should be plenty as long as I'm getting faster on the 13 milers.  Okay, I'm off to stretch in front of the boob tube.  Have fun and run hard!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters