Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Endorphin Recurrence

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  For those of you who keep up with  this blog (all three of you), you may notice that today's post is somewhat similar to the one that I did last week.  There is a good reason for that.  I'm an unimaginative hack.  I would apologize for this trait, but let's face it, I doubt anyone will notice.  Today I had one of those runs that went so well and felt so good that I almost regretted finishing my run.  Still, I did pull a Forrest Gump and ran another 2 miles more than I needed to run.  Afterwards, I was tired and cold (the weather guys are calling for another Tennessee Blizzard.  ;p), but I was energized.  The runner's high felt great and had me feeling like Superman.  Usually after a run, I'm ready to pass out from exhaustion, but today, I was jumping off the walls.  When I got home, I was still riding endorphins, so I decided to "step" for the Girl.  My 5 year old thought it was so funny that she was giggling uncontrollably.  Did I mention that I can't actually step?  I imagine that I looked somewhat like an uncoordinated, blind clown...without rhythm.  Very sad. What was even worse was that I may have strained a muscle that I'm very fond of.  Sad, but funny.  Now for the hard numbers:  8 mile tempo run at 7:53/mile.  Geek tip:  The Star Wars franchise is making another foray into the MMO market with Star Wars the Old Republic.  This time it looks like they're doing it right by using Bioware to develop the game.  Bioware has made some of the best computer role-playing games around, and they have had plenty of experience with the Star Wars Universe.  There's no release date yet, but they are taking applications to beta test the game.  I haven't gotten the call yet to try out my lightsaber in the game, but if they call, I'll be ready!  Okay kids, I need to go ice my groin.  Have fun and run hard!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters