Tuesday, June 8, 2010

End of the Week Recap 6/6/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  I realize this recap is late by a couple of days, but cut me some slack.  I was on vacation.  I did 21.67 miles at an average pace of 8:01/mi.  I did 28:00+ of cardio/conditioning.  I'm reserving the plus as I walked for miles around Disney.  Sadly my weight did not fare as well last week as I ate everything in sight (I had forgotten how good real ice cream is!).  When I got back home, I weighed in at lucky-it-wasn't-more 165.4 lbs.  Most of my runs were early in the morning before my family and friends woke up and we hit the parks.  We did stay on-site at the Contemporary Resort-Bay Lake Towers for the last 2 days of our vacation, so I managed a nice 5 mile run over to the Magic Kingdom and then to the Polynesian Resort.  And a special thanks to Psyche.  I used her lawyer joke at the Disney Laugh Factory Ride (you text them a joke and the Monster's Inc. guys use it in the show), and it was one of the jokes used!  Thanks my dear!

Now for the hard numbers (for today):  I did a 4.02 mi fartlek at an average pace of 7:29/mi.  It was a cool 91 degrees.  2 bikers nearly ran over me.  1 passing runner did not wave after I did.  1 woman of questionable dental hygiene yelled "woohoo" at me.  1 guy standing on the corner commented that "It's too [damn] hot [to be running outside [moron]].  All-in-all not a bad little run, but I need to be racking up more mileage and cross-training.  Later kids!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters