Sunday, June 13, 2010

End of the Recap 6/13/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  This week I ran a token 18.3 miles at an average pace of 8:58/mi.  I did 27 minutes of conditioning/cross-training, and 3:45 hours of golf.  I topped the scales this morning at 162.8 lbs.  It was a rough week this week trying to settle back into a summer routine and to catch up on my work.  I had every good intention of knocking out a 12 mile long run this morning, but I didn't drag my lazy ass out of bed early enough.  By the time, I did get on the road the temperature was already in the 90's.  After beating my brains in and sweating through my shorts for 6.5 miles, I decided to call it and put an end to my misery.  After that, I used my 3.5 mile run/walk as a cooldown/recovery run and limped back home.  The only high note was my golf.  My scores weren't great, but considering that I haven't played in over a year, they weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  I doubt that I'll give up running for golf, but it's nice to break up the routine every once and awhile.  Next week is another busy work week as well as the Wilma Rudolph 10k and 5k on Saturday.  I'm running both, but at my current level, I'm just hoping to do as well as I did last year (49:29 and 25:32 respectively).  That's all I have for now.  Later kids!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters