Sunday, March 7, 2010

End of the Week Recap 3/7/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  This week I ran 38.44 miles at an average pace of 8:18/mile.  I did only 38:00 minutes of cross-training, so my strength training is off for the week.  I wasn’t home this morning so I didn’t get to weigh.  Yesterday after my long run however, I clocked in at 157 lbs.  After several plates of barbeque this weekend, I’m feeling decidedly heavier today, so let’s call it around 160ish.  My only speed run this week was a fairly short 3.1 miles at 7:21/mile.  My long run was 18 miles at 8:27/mile.  That was a pretty good run even though I hadn’t taken in enough carbs to sustain myself on the run.  So at the end of it, I was pretty whipped.  To get ready for the marathon, I ran most of the marathon route.  This time around, I’m finding that I can handle the hills better and am working on my pacing.  The grossest thing that I saw on my run was that someone had puked on a car on the street.  Totally gross.  The forecast for next week is calling for rain and storms for most of the week, so I anticipate that my runs will not be very long.  I hope this doesn’t end up being the case, but I’m already planning on spending more time at the Y this week.  I guess that’s all I have for this week.  Later kids!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters