Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rest Day

Friday is my rest day for this week, because I have a 5k on Saturday. I may have overdone my training for this week, because I'm pretty sore 2 days before my race. Now I was hoping to post a decent time on Saturday, but between the potentially bad weather and my soreness, it doesn't seem likely. Hence a full day off from working out tomorrow. Everyone knows you need a rest day to recover and let your body heal from the brutality of your workouts. For me, I did very little lower body, other than running, so my squat and deadlift regimens are taking their toll on my legs. I'm hoping that a little ibprofen, lots of protein, and some very light stretching will get me ready for Saturday. My goal is to be able to churn out 7:30 mins/mile in 5k's before the end of the year. We'll see if my speed training will pay off.

Fitness Food: Lean beef. I prefer sirloin cubes for their tenderness. I like to marinade them in a low sodium marinade and then pan fry them. They're great with mushrooms and a salad or alongside steamed brocolli or asparagus.

On my mp3 player: Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas. The Peas have some great tunes that have addictive beats and this is another great example. This song hits and suddenly I'm sprinting down the road!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters