Sunday, August 15, 2010

End of the Week Recap 8/15/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  The 3rd week of marathon training is in the books.  I ran 29.85 miles at an average pace of 8:26/mi.  I did 2:12 hrs of cross-training thanks to a brief visit to the weight room at the Y and a quick 9 holes of golf on Friday the 13th.  My weight is still hanging around 164-165 lbs.  Because of my race this week, I had to tweak my runs this week to get them all in and still save my legs for the 5K.  I did throw in an extra 3 mile easy run, but ended up balancing it out by cutting my long run short this morning.  I really, REALLY wanted to sleep in this morning, but somehow I managed to roll my monkey butt out of bed this morning to Shelby Bottoms and knock out 13 miles.  I probably could have gutted out the last mile on my training schedule, but I was starting to have some problems by the end of my run.  From the race to the heat to my lack of overall fitness, I was sore as all get out, tired as heck, and developing some fun blisters on my left foot.  So by the time I passed my car at mile 13, I called the ball and brought my ass on home.  Despite all this, it was a good week, and I'm looking forward to my rest week coming up (all easy runs, no longer than 6 miles.  Aaaahhh).  Later kids!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters