Friday, July 3, 2009

How I drive my wife crazy

So I told my wife that I was going to take my training easy this week, and I really intended to follow that plan. After all, my office weight loss contest was over (my team came in second and I think that I placed in the top 10), and my right leg was still hurting a little. Monday came and I hit the YMCA to do some weight training and then followed it up with my Tai Chi class. Tuesday and Wednesday I actually took off and rested, but it was killing me to do something. Especially since I ate like a total pig all week. Then when my Dad asked me to pick up his car, I devised my devious plan.

Wednesday afternoon, I picked up my dad's car and drove it to my house. I left my car at my office with an extra change of clothes. So Thursday came, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning, got on my running gear, wolfed down my breakfast, and hit the road for my office. I took it slow and easy. The weather was perfect, nice and cool. It was a 14.11 mile run and I did it in 2:40:15 (about 11:22 mins/mile). The nice thing about an LSD (long, slow distance) is that I didn't feel terrible afterwards. My legs were still relatively fresh, and though it was a good run, I felt really rejevuenated. So not only was I able to get in my base miles, I still felt good for the Peachtree 10k that I'm running on Saturday in Atlanta.

And this might have all been great if I had told my wife my brilliant plan. I did not tell her, and she didn't find my tiny note that I left on the stove. So when she woke up and didn't find me anywhere in the house, she called me when I was about a mile and half from the office. Needless to say, she wasn't very happy when I told her I was nearly at the end of my 14 mile run. I was sorry that I made her upset, but man, it was a great run!


No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters