Saturday, July 18, 2009

A few changes

I decided to make a few changes to the ol' blog. First, I changed the name again. Monkey Boy seemed to fit more than Fat Boy anymore. Since slimming down, it seems a little disingenuous to still be calling myself fat. Believe me, I understand the work that it takes to lose weight and keep it off, so I don't want to make it seem like I'm belittling people who are still working very hard at it. I've fairly fortunate to have reached 155 lbs (which seems to be a good weight for me), and calling myself fat at that weight seems like I'm making fun of weight loss. That being said, my wife will gladly attest that I still make decisions with the logic of brain-damaged monkey. Her new favorite line is that I need to "decide in a manner opposite my natural tendencies." That's when I give her my look of mock indignation and shock, but then have to admit to her that I had been leaning towards a decision that clearly lacked reason and forethought. She gets a good laugh, and then in all seriousness, tells me not to follow-through with whatever hair-brained scheme that I've concocted. Ah, sweet love and the games married people play.

The second thing that I've added to the blog is a training log that I found on LogYourRun.com (from another running blog). I had been hesitant at first from putting up a log, because I'm a pretty lazy guy usually. I've been using an online training log from Runnersworld.com, and I really didn't want to spend all night updating my blog with numbers that I had put in elsewhere. Along comes LogYourRun.com and their nifty training log tool that can be imported into my blog. It has most of the functionality of the Runners World tool, but it updates my blog automatically after I enter the info on their site. I was even able to download my stats from Runners World into a .txt file and import it into LogYourRun's training log. Yay for me!

The last addition to the blog is one of the best movie quotes ever! From the now classic Conan the Barbarian:

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Heh. That Conan sure knew how to turn a phrase. All right that's it. I haven't run much this week, since I'm still recovering. Hopefully next week, I'll be back after getting in more mileage along with more pithy insights. Later kids!

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters