Monday, April 20, 2009

1/2 Marathon is coming up

Okay, I'm super-pumped to be running in my first 1/2 marathon this weekend. If you ever told me that I would be running a 13.1 miles for fun 2 years ago, I would have told you that you were an idiot. Nothing is more fun than pie and bacon. They are even more fun together. I still believe that but pie and bacon are not fun to my current health goals. I was never much of an endurance runner, more of sprinter from years of soccer. Now after months of training and weight loss, I'm about to do my first 1/2 marathon, and I'm thinking about when I can train up for my first marathon. One of my associates still reminds me that all this exercise and running is only good if I can maintain this lifestyle. I affirm my commitment to this lifestyle change, because frankly, I can't imagine going back. I still don't think of myself as a runner. If anything, I consider myself a more of a martial artist, and running is good way to train my body to be in the shape it needs to be in. Running draws in more oxygen and builds strength and speed. You gotta have a plan.

On my mp3 player: Eye of the Tiger - Survivor. This is a great warm-up song for any Rocky fan.

Snack of the day: Fat free yogurt. I like it with a serving of granola to add some fiber and texture. Yogurt helps boost your immune system with good bacteria. It helps in weight loss (from the iodine, I think), and is a good source of diary.

No comments:

Flag Counter

free counters