Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Irish Pride 5K Recap

The Father Ryan Irish Pride 5K was November 13, 2011.  As you can see, I'm a little late with this recap.  This was a [post] Veteran's Day race that benefitted the Father Ryan scholarship fund.  This was a small, local race that I learned about during my stint as my kids' cross country coach.  I also learned that several kids and parents from other parochial schools would also be participating.  When I found this out, I knew that I would be running this race.  After all, I have to represent, right?  Word.  The weather was chilly, but sunny.  Nearly ideal racing conditions.  It was a quick little out and back.  Although it wasn't a certified course, I whipped out a fast 5K, finishing in 20:37.  This was a 6:39/mi pace that won me a 3rd place finish in my age group.  It was also a PR!  A nice finish to a fun little race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice run! And congrats on the PR!!!

Flag Counter

free counters