Sunday, November 7, 2010

End of the Week Recap 11/7/10

Hail my running brothers and sisters!  I am now approaching my final week before the Chickamauga Marathon.  As most of you know (all 2 of you that actually read my blog), I was in a car accident that pretty much derailed my training.  I've reconciled myself (if I keep telling myself this, it may even become true) to the idea that I won't be able to reach my goal this time.  Since returning to training, I've kept my distances up, but my speed work has been sucktastic non-existent.  I've been reading Once a Runner and Again to Carthage for inspiration.  Sadly, all I want to do is finish the books again instead of run.  Ugh.  It doesn't help that my 3rd and 4th grade basketball has started, and guess who is coaching?  Yeah, I know.  Shocker.  Don't worry, those boys will be running a fair number of suicides.  All right.  That's it.  Wish me luck.  Keep the faith.  See you at the finish line!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Joel,
Have fun with the last week of marathon training! You are going to do great come race day:)

Coaching is perfect for you and I could see you doing a great job:) Have fun and go easy on the kids!

Have a wonderful week Joel!

Unknown said...

Good luck on your marathon!

Flag Counter

free counters